Cosplay Contest 2012
Updated Aug.09, 2012
JUST A QUICK NOTE TO ALL. SKIT Submissions are now closed. WALK ON - Submissions now closed. We are full
A final e-mail will be sent out to all contestants on Aug 9 with full details.
PRE COSPLAY MEETING AND COSTUME JUDGING
Location: Main Events - Ballroom A
Date: Saturday, Aug.18,2012
Remember to bring photos in an envelope and your audio.
Located: Main Events - Ballroom A
Date: Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012
- All participants must hold an Anime Revolution 2012 badge.
All participants must read and agree to follow all rules of the Cosplay contest.
By registering for the Cosplay contest, all participants agree to allow Anime Revolution to use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video. Photographs of winning entries will be shown at the Anime Revolution closing ceremonies.
All convention policies must be upheld during the entirety of the Cosplay competition. Anyone breaking Anime Revolution rules will be disqualified.
Anime Revolution staff may enter Cosplay contest as long as staff-related responsibilities are fulfilled.
It is mandatory for both SKIT and WALK On contestants to attend the Pre Cosplay Contest Meeting as judging will take place during the pre Cosplay contest meet up and rehearsal. Judges will ask a series of questions, look over your costume and score your Cosplay. The rest of the judging will be done during the Cosplay contest. Saturday @ 12-1pm in Main Events Ballroom A
Costume - Walk-On Rules– Non skit Cosplay contestants
- • 30 seconds to walk across stage one participant or up to a group of five (Not doing a skit)
• Vulgar or extremely sexual poses will not be allowed and will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Keep it PG13.
• If you want a particular 30 second song choice, it must be submitted in advance with your picture reference. (See the Deadline listed below)
• Please note if you do not pick a particular song, we will have a few, and you can inform the Cosplay co-ordinator which one you would like.
Please Note: Reference pictures are required. This includes screen captures, posters, or any other official medium that reveals the character's full costume. The pictures should reveal different views of the character (i.e. front, back, sides). Do not assume judges know your costume or character![/color][/b]
- • All Skits will be allotted a 5 minute time limit. Going over the time limit may result in disqualification
• All entries must be able to get on and off the stage safely.
• Skits can have as many participants in them you wish (limit of 6 on stage at one time)
• Skits can also be dance themed. If you want to do a synchronized dance routine. Just be sure to know safety is a big priority. We don't want anyone getting hurt.
• Any sounds/ music must be given to the crew prior to the start of the cosplay contest. See the deadline listed below. Audio/dialogue/music should be in either CD-form or USB form. We will let you all know if anything changes in this regard.
• Ensure you have your audio/dialogue/music where you want it to start, and finish. This means all dialogue for your skit, all music, everything
• All music selections chosen must be PG13 (English or otherwise)
• Skits must remain PG13
• What goes on stage with you must come off stage with you.
• (Nothing messy, like confetti, fireworks, glitter, flash paper, rose petals, water and other small messy objects.)
• Any Skit that depicts excessive cursing or sexual content will be disqualified immediately and removed from the stage
• Vulgar or extremely sexual poses will not be allowed
• On stage, non-firing toy weapons will be allowed without peace bonding, but be aware that any "live" weapons will result in immediate eviction from the stage.
• No food, animals or remote control devices are allowed on stage.
• And no throwing items into the crowd. You'll put someone's eye out!
• Don't plan for complex lighting. The default lighting cue is: lights go up, music starts, you come on at stage right, and you leave on stage left, music stops, lights go down. If you desire anything other than default lighting or music cues, discuss it with the crew during your tech rehearsal.
Skit Outline –Including details of prop usage: Should be sent in at the time of submission. It gives us a general idea of what you want to do.[/color][/b]
- • Best in Show
• Second Place
• Third Place
• The People's Choice (hands down favorite of the audience, based on reaction)
• Judges Choice
• Honorable Mention – Skit
Costume Walk On
- • Gold Star Award - 1st Place
• Silver Moon Award - 2nd Place
• Copper Sun Award - 3rd Place
• Red Rose Award - 4th Place
• Honorable Mention
Skits will be judged based on the performance of the whole group who have shown excellent stage presentation.
The judges will base their scores on the following three main areas (costumes, portrayal, and Impact)
- • Costumes are judged through - detail, originality, and Authenticity (20%)
• Portrayal is judged through - cosplayer’s ability to get in-character and creative elements. (30%)
• Impact - Judged through entertainment level, difficulty of performance and its execution. (50%)
Costume Walk On
- • Costume Authenticity - 40%
• Originality - 20%
• Detail - 20%(including hats, gloves, shoes, jewelry, and other appropriate accessories)
• Presentation - 20%
SUBMISSION FORM HERE